Of Christmas Trees And Decorations

Posted by : foongpc | Monday, December 29, 2008 | Published in

ADVERTISEMENT


During the past few weeks, shopping malls around Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya were adorned with Christmas trees and decorations.

Many bloggers took photos and blog about them.

Starting this week, things will start to change. Shopping malls will be taking down the Christmas decorations and replacing them with Chinese lanterns and Chinese New Year decorations.

Since we are still in the midst of the Yuletide spirit, I thought I would share with you some of the photos taken from blogs I read.

I hope these bloggers will allow me to share their photos : )

Otherwise, I may have to take out these photos later : (




Christmas decorations at 1Utama courtesy of David Chew



Christmas decorations at 1Utama courtesy of Peter Tan



Christmas tree at The Curve courtesy of Ervinter



My photo of The Curve's Christmas decorations using my camera handphone



Christmas decorations at The Curve courtesy of CurryEgg



Christmas tree at Ikano Power Centre courtesy of Ervinter



Christmas decorations at The Gardens courtesy of Xin



My photo of Christmas trees at The Gardens using my camera handphone



Christmas decorations at MidValley Megamall courtesy of Canon 1000d Shot





The giant Christmas tree at KLCC courtesy of David Chew





Christmas decorations at Sunway Pyramid courtesy of Canon 1000d Shot



Christmas decorations at Pavilion courtesy of Angie Tan



Gigantic Christmas tree outside Pavilion courtesy of medie007

Can't resist to post the photo of this red Christmas tree at Orchard Road, Singapore from QuaChee's blog.


And this magnificent beautiful baubles captured by My Bug Life.


Well, which shopping mall, in your opinion, has the best Christmas decoration this year?

(50) Comments

  1. Kellaw said...

    i only can tell you the worse one. Pavillion will get the NO 1 for worse one of all. Lol

    December 29, 2008 at 1:15 AM
  2. Anonymous

    i like the curve one the most. and yeah i too think tht pav sucks, looked more like some grand wedding chandelier hanging

    p/s: i am ok with my pic on yr blog :D

    December 29, 2008 at 1:54 AM
  3. Lisa said...

    I saw that Xmas tree in pavilion.
    I think they hv this white xmas idea...but it really doesnt look nice at all


    Merry Xmas

    December 29, 2008 at 10:22 AM
  4. eiling lim said...

    Christmas decorations in Malaysia is always restricted to the inside the malls or within its compound. However, in Singapore, they do decorate the whole Orchard Road with never ending lights and Xmas ornaments throughout the stretch of the road. It's completely a different atmosphere. I always like Midvalley's deco. Very grand and inspiring.

    December 29, 2008 at 10:25 AM
  5. lina said...

    yeah, always loved MidValley's decoration too. :-)

    December 29, 2008 at 10:57 AM
  6. Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

    This year, I pick the decor at the Curve as my personal favourite :D

    But you know, I was out yesterday and I already saw the CNY decor going up ...

    December 29, 2008 at 11:38 AM
  7. Unknown said...

    hi foongpc

    no worries on the photo part. do u know in some part of hangzhou, they took down the deco on the 25th itself! haha.

    and now, there's cny ads coming up already! :)

    (btw ive wondered why some deco are in red - i think some are reusable for cny... not the full trees, but some parts).

    December 29, 2008 at 11:56 AM
  8. Rad Sujanto said...

    I like very much the one at 1Utama! Grand!

    December 29, 2008 at 2:10 PM
  9. Anonymous

    I would pick MidValley...which incidentally won an award for its Christmas decor! :)

    December 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM
  10. Anonymous

    I would say The Curve is the best among all decorations around shopping mall in Malaysia.

    December 29, 2008 at 4:02 PM
  11. Anonymous

    Lovely xmas photos at shopping mall.

    December 29, 2008 at 4:07 PM
  12. Anonymous

    wow... great Christmas trees!! thanks for sharing..

    December 29, 2008 at 7:22 PM
  13. synical said...

    For me it's a toss up between 1 Utama and The Curve.

    I like The Gardens' for the huge cages.

    I have to give KLCC props for recycling their faux tree and also for not bringing back the huge purple baubles.

    December 29, 2008 at 9:10 PM
  14. Pete said...

    Ha Ha, I have almost the same photo collection like yours but I don't think I will be posting them. Cheers!

    December 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM
  15. foongpc said...

    kellaw, I have to agree with you, Pavilion's giant Christmas tree looks horrible! : )

    xin, thanks! Yeah, The Curve has one of the best Christmas deco this year! But I think their Christmas deco was better last year.

    lisa, I don't know what theme they are trying to work on, but it sucks especially the giant Christmas tree! : )

    eiling, I don't quite like Mid Valley's Christmas deco this year. It was much better last year. I've always loved Singapore's Orchard Road during Christmas - really beautiful and puts you into Christmas mood! : )

    December 29, 2008 at 10:34 PM
  16. foongpc said...

    lina, not this year. I think Mid Valley's Christmas decoration was better last year. This year, The Curve beats them, IMHO : )

    nick phillips, yes I agree The Curve's decoration is great this year, though last year was better! I already expected the CNY deco to come up once Christmas day is over : )

    quachee, thanks! What? Took down the Christmas deco on Christmas Day itself? Isn't that a little too much? Yeah, I think they re-use red colour deco for CNY - save them money and materials! : )

    December 29, 2008 at 10:43 PM
  17. Anonymous

    one utama and the curve looks nice. and klcc is also good. i see it almost everyday since i work around klcc.

    December 29, 2008 at 10:46 PM
  18. HappySurfer said...

    Lovely! Thanks for sharing them, Foong.

    Glad you've got the one at Mid Valley Megamall because they won the Best Decorated Mall this year, twice in a row.

    December 29, 2008 at 10:47 PM
  19. foongpc said...

    rad, 1utama is not bad, but I somehow feel it's missing something. Not sure exactly what. Maybe too much empty spaces?

    my bug life, oh I didn't know Mid Valley won an award for its Christmas deco. Somehow, I didn't quite like their deco this year - I thought The Curve was better : )

    Ervin Ter, thanks for letting me use your photos! : ) Yeah, I agree The Curve has the best Christmas deco! Give me a five! : )

    December 29, 2008 at 10:49 PM
  20. day-dreamer said...

    Orchard Road nicest!! LOL~

    December 29, 2008 at 10:51 PM
  21. foongpc said...

    keeyit, it's thanks to all the bloggers who allow me to use their lovely photos! : )

    victor, thanks! : )

    synical, I actually wonder what they do with the cages at The Gardens? I think it's about time KLCC change their tree - they have been recycling it for the umpteenth time!

    pete, oh if you have posted them earlier, I would probably be using your photos in my blog! : )

    December 29, 2008 at 10:57 PM
  22. foongpc said...

    renaye, oh you work around KLCC? So you must be seeing the recycled tree everyday! I hope they will put up a new tree next year. I love The Curve the best! : )

    happysurfer, I agree Mid Valley's Christmas deco was good last year, but not this year. I would prefer it if the Curve wins the award! : )

    day-dreamer, I mean to ask which shopping mall in Malaysia only : ) But yes, Orchard Road definitely has some of the best Christmas decos - I love the Christmas mood over there!

    December 29, 2008 at 11:06 PM
  23. Anonymous

    Wow! The KLCC one looks hiuuuuge! :)
    Oh..And the red one at Orchard Road, outside Forum looks pretty at night although it's simple. Was just infront of it just now..lol!

    December 30, 2008 at 5:05 AM
  24. Toni said...

    What gorgeous trees!

    December 30, 2008 at 6:50 AM
  25. Anonymous

    aiya! then i have to go back to work on friday, 2/1/09!

    r u working too?

    December 30, 2008 at 9:08 AM
  26. Monica said...

    I like the decor at the Curve!

    December 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM
  27. twosuperheroes said...

    nice compilation, foong!! We felt like we've suddenly visited all the shopping malls in KL and PJ all at once! Haha.. :p

    December 30, 2008 at 12:25 PM
  28. eastcoastlife said...

    You spent Xmas week visiting malls!? :)

    December 30, 2008 at 12:45 PM
  29. Medie007 said...

    wooooo!
    i saw my picture immortalised on foongpc.blogspot. :P

    December 30, 2008 at 1:46 PM
  30. Anonymous

    garden looks pretty cool too.. but klcc always use the same tree, just different decor. wonder how much it costs that tree..

    December 30, 2008 at 5:54 PM
  31. Bengbeng said...

    Happy New Year to u. I was hoping my xmas tree pic would b included ;)

    December 30, 2008 at 6:17 PM
  32. Anonymous

    Any tips for taking those nice photos? :D

    December 30, 2008 at 8:27 PM
  33. Anonymous

    de sunway realy looks grand! all red!

    December 30, 2008 at 9:23 PM
  34. Johnny Ong said...

    MV has my vote

    December 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM
  35. LifeRamblings said...

    Please collect your awards here.

    December 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM
  36. foongpc said...

    cashmere, you were in front of the red Christmas tree at Orchard Road? Cool! Hope you are having a great time in Singapore! : )

    toni, thanks! They are gorgeous alrite! : )

    renaye, yes I'll be starting work on Fri! : (

    monica, yes I love the deco at The Curve too : )

    December 31, 2008 at 12:56 AM
  37. foongpc said...

    twosuperheroes, really? Well, saves you lots of time visiting all those malls, yes? : )

    eastcoastlife, of course not! Most of the photos here are taken from other blogs : )

    medie007, thanks for letting me use your photo! : )

    carrot, yes I wonder too. Must be expensive otherwise they won't recycle it every year : )

    December 31, 2008 at 1:00 AM
  38. foongpc said...

    bengbeng, sorry not including your Xmas tree pics. Maybe next year? : )

    peter tan, thanks for letting me use your photo! You don't need any tips - your photos are good! In any case, these photos are from other blogs, so maybe you can contact the blog owners : )

    cbenc12, yes all red and can recycle for CNY too! LOL!

    johnny ong, I don't quite agree with your choice, but well, they did win an award for best decorated mall!

    life ramblings, thanks for the award! Will check it out : )

    December 31, 2008 at 1:06 AM
  39. acura said...

    That is really a lot of Christmas trees! The shopping malls nowadays are going all out in decorations, competing with each other.

    And in Malaysia, we have festivals all year round. Next up will be CNY.

    Personally, I like the Christmas deco at Mid Valley. I really brings out the festive mood in me. The 1 Utama deco is a bit bare this time around. Due to the economic recession perhaps?

    December 31, 2008 at 2:15 AM
  40. khengsiong said...

    Happy new year!

    December 31, 2008 at 8:22 AM
  41. JL said...

    1Utama looks the best to me. Like the white snowy theme, it's different yet striking lol

    It seems I must also start taking out my cam and snap pics next CNY, some malls in JB have very nice decos too. :D

    December 31, 2008 at 11:54 AM
  42. Angie Tan said...

    Hahaha..

    Nice collection of decos!! I didn't have time to visit The Curve, 1Utama, Sunway Pyramid and MegaMall for the decorations. So, this saves me the trouble of seeing it all.

    December 31, 2008 at 2:23 PM
  43. Faisal Admar said...

    omg! the xmas tree are so humongous! can i get one for my house?

    December 31, 2008 at 7:32 PM
  44. foongpc said...

    acura, yes the deco in 1Utama a bit bare, not so nice. I can't wait to see what the shopping malls put up for CNY! : )

    khengsiong, happy new year to you too! : )

    jim, yes snap some CNY decorations and put it on your blog! : )

    angie tan, thanks for letting me take your photo of Pavilion. Glad you can now see all in one place! : )

    faisal admar, which one are you referring to? The KLCC is really huge, so is the one outside Pavilion - though it's rather ugly in my opinion : )

    January 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM
  45. curryegg said...

    I am glad you picked one of my photo. Haha.. so don't worry. It is great to share and thank for informing me.. ;)

    Nice collection of photos and I can see them in a roll now! haha.. Happy new year!

    :D

    January 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM
  46. Tekkaus said...

    Malacca's ones sucks! Anyway I don't really care...unless I'm the decorater. Anyway the one I believe the best is in Midvalley 1 year ago. =)

    January 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM
  47. foongpc said...

    curryegg, thanks! Happy new year!!
    : )

    tekkaus, really that bad in Melaka? Yes, I agree last year Christmas deco in MidValley was good, but not this year. I prefer Curve this year.

    January 3, 2009 at 11:17 PM
  48. Unknown said...

    I saw in newspaper look like Midvalley Win out in X'mas Decorb.

    Check back my blog

    January 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM
  49. foongpc said...

    raymond, thanks for dropping by! Yes, MidValley did win the award - I just don't agree with it : ) Will check out your blog : )

    January 4, 2009 at 11:37 PM
  50. foongpc said...

    raymond, I'm afraid I could not access your blog. Perhaps you can pass me your blog's URL.

    January 4, 2009 at 11:39 PM