PJ vs KL - Which Is The Better City?

Posted by : foongpc | Wednesday, December 23, 2009 | Published in

ADVERTISEMENT


"Petaling Jaya is not a favourite place and I am definitely not a PJ person." so said Jacqueline Pereira in her article "Tales Of Two Cities" in The Star paper dated December 6, 2009.

I was stunned when I read what she wrote. As a long-time resident of Petaling Jaya (or PJ for short), I don't think she was being very fair in comparing PJ to KL (or Kuala Lumpur). I even think her article smacks of sarcasm.

If you have not read her article, read it here. Then tell me if you agree with her.

It's not that I don't like KL, I do. I fell in love with KL many years ago and I'm loving this wonderful city still. But please don't compare PJ with KL. Why the need to compare?

But since Jacqueline Pereira had so sarcastically denounced PJ and in her obviously flawed opinion thinks that KL is far superior, I, who is a PJ guy at heart, will not sit still and keep silent about this! I shall now give you 10 reasons why PJ is evidently more superior compared to KL.

Ready? Here goes....

1. PJ has less traffic jams
I don't know about you but whenever someone invites me to go KL, I always need to think twice before saying yes. The reason? I have to make sure I don't get stuck in KL's notorious traffic jams. You really have to plan your journey around KL, or else be prepared to spend an hour or two stuck in the jam!


No prize for guessing which is KL road! (Images courtesy of Star Online and The Nut Graph)

2. PJ does not get flooded easily
Besides traffic jams, KL is also famous for floods especially flash floods! That is why I am very fearful of driving to KL whenever there is a heavy downpour. I don't want my car to be trapped in deep waters! Looks to me as if the SMART tunnel is not that smart after all!

And if you park your car in KL, you better make sure your insurance covers car damaged due to floods!


You better pray your car does not end up like this one in KL! (Images courtesy of Urban Reality)


Or like this in Corcorde Hotel's car park just after three hours of rain!

Believe me, this kind of flooding in basement car parks can only happen in cities like KL. It is virtually unheard of in PJ!

A friendly advice to Ms Pereira : Make sure your car insurance covers floods!!

3. PJ has many shortcuts to avoid the jam
I am not saying PJ has no traffic jams, but definitely not in the same level of severity as KL. Even though there are many bottlenecks, you can actually avoid them if you know all the shortcuts. Obviously as a long-time resident, I have learnt some shortcuts around PJ. I really think shortcuts are non-existent in KL. Some high class city that!

4. The best shopping malls are located in PJ
Don't believe me? Let me name a few shopping malls in PJ - 1Utama, The Curve, Sunway Pyramid. These are huge malls and are favourites with residents from all over PJ and KL and some say, Shah Alam.


1Utama - my favourite shopping mall!

What does KL have? Lot 10? Sungei Wang? Come on, these are so outdated I don't even want to go there if they are the last standing malls left on earth!

Oh, OK, you have Suria KLCC and Pavilion - sure they are prestigious but let's face it, who goes there to shop except the filthy rich? Average people like me won't even bother to go there for my shopping needs!

Not to mention of course, the exorbitant parking rates at these malls is enough to deter me from going there regularly! How much is the parking rate in 1Utama? A very affordable RM1 per entry. At Pavilion, it already costs RM5.50 for parking just 2 hours there!


Pavilion parking rates courtesy of All About Shopping!

Actually, I do like Mid Valley Megamall, but I think it can get really jammed up there. Besides, I do think Mid Valley is more like somewhere in the middle, it's neither in PJ nor KL.

A note to Ms Pereira : So where do you normally shop? I hope it's not Sungai Wang Plaza!

5. The world's favourite furniture retailer is in PJ
Yes, and by this I mean IKEA, the world famous furniture retailer. Do you find it in KL? No! It's located where else, but in PJ!


IKEA Mutiara Damansara (image courtesy of IKEA Malaysia)

A note to Ms Pereira : You don't ever go IKEA right, or do you? Now don't let me catch you there!!

6. Great, quality food are found in PJ
Even though PJ does not have as many eateries as in KL, but seriously, I think almost all food you can get in KL can be found in PJ and at a much cheaper price too! Obviously, you won't know that unless you are a long-time resident of PJ.

Besides, going to a restaurant or hawker centre in PJ is so much less hassle compared to braving the traffic and flash flood in KL! Not to mention of course the lack of parking spaces and expensive parking rates in KL!

7. PJ is home to most multi-national companies
Let's be honest now. Where is the main service centre for LG? Or Samsung? Or Electrolux? In KL? You wish! They are all found in PJ! There must be a reason why these multi-national companies base themselves in PJ. Needless to say, PJ is the far superior place, haha!

Oh, the list of companies located in PJ is endless. Go do the research yourself! I pity the KL-lites - they need to drive all the way to PJ just to have their appliances fixed. Boo hoo!

8. PJ is a happening place
You think KL is a more happening place compared to PJ? I beg to differ. What's so happening about driving through horrendous traffic jams and flash flood and then have this urge to curse because you can't find a place to park your car? It's so not cool!



And have you been to The Curve at night? It's definitely a more happening place with large crowds compared to Pavilion KL! Not to mention more beautiful too! And do I even need to mention about the cheaper parking rate? Duh!

9. PJ has more holidays!
Sorry to say this to those living or working in KL but PJ trumps KL by having more holidays! While KL gets ahead with their Federal Territory holiday on 1st February, PJ residents get to take the day off for Nuzul Al-Quran in September and Sultan of Selangor's birthday in December.

You see, living and working in PJ does have its perks. I am afraid I can't say the same for KL.

10. PJ is an exceptionally trendy place
In Ms Pereira's article, she talked about dingy and run-down PJ streets and buildings that need some sprucing up. Has she been to Bandar Utama? Or Mutiara Damansara? Or even Sunway Subang? If the only places she had been to were Paramount Gardens and SS2, no wonder she had this completely wrong and myopic view of PJ!

The fact is, PJ is a very trendy place, even more so than KL. Try comparing Mutiara Damansara with Pudu in KL! Which is more trendy? Or compare BB Plaza with The Curve. Which is more trendy?

You see, you can't really compare this way. It's like comparing Penang with Muar. Or Proton with Mercedez.

My point here is, do you really need to compare? So even though I am giving KL a good thrashing, it's not my intention to do so. For I love both PJ and KL! And both these cities are so near to each other, they actually complement each other!

Anyway, as a response to Ms Pereira's sarcastic article, I now hereby declare I am a PJ person, who will never cross over to KL, ever. And of course I invite debates on this PJ vs KL topic - just don't invite me to KL!

Note: I wonder if Ms Pereira works from The Star office which incidentally is located in PJ. Hmmm.....she must be hating every minute of her job there! : )

FIRST COMMENTER

(87) Comments

  1. CH Voon said...

    wah! i like your comparison... so great!

    I 100% support your idea!

    But, i scare the traffic jam la..

    one things you forget to mention...

    PJ more toll collection than KL.

    Mid Valley is KL or PJ?

    December 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM
  2. lina said...

    Aiyah! Just missed FC!

    December 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM
  3. lina said...

    Midvalley is in KL, BTW. :)

    December 23, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  4. lina said...

    Don't know much about PJ. Not rich to stay in PJ. If Klang, then I know lah

    December 23, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  5. Nic

    foongfoong... PJ is better of course.. cause im in PJ.. kakaka... :D

    December 23, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  6. Reanaclaire said...

    Each time i go along KL roads, I tell myself how blessed i m that i am not going thru the hassle of jams daily.. but one thing good about staying there, we can become more patient people.. :)

    December 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM
  7. Gabriel said...

    PJ is well known for rich people wo...haha...but PJ is indeed famous for food and i actually prefer PJ as well! yes, foongpc, i support you!

    December 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM
  8. Kelvin said...

    Miss the FC~

    December 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM
  9. Mariuca said...

    Huhuhuuh I am sick today Foong! :(

    December 23, 2009 at 7:26 PM
  10. Mariuca said...

    Slept whole day then just woke up and ur blog is my first visit!

    December 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM
  11. Mariuca said...

    Have to comment here even when I'm sick cause wanna get my voice heard... I LOVE PJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    December 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM
  12. Mariuca said...

    Some more my EC is here at ur blog today... I repeat I LOVE PJ!!!!!!!!!!

    December 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM
  13. Mariuca said...

    Born bred here in PJ and will always be a PJ girl YAY! :):):)

    December 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM
  14. Mariuca said...

    I love the Curve, I love IKEA, I love Mutiara D'sara... all mah hangouts! :)

    December 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  15. wenn said...

    i like both. merry xmas!

    December 23, 2009 at 8:10 PM
  16. Merryn said...

    Totally agreeable with FOONG! I am a PJ gal all da way... KL.. NO WAY! PJ! PJ! PJ!

    December 23, 2009 at 9:30 PM
  17. HappySurfer said...

    Comparisons are irrelevant as it's just like comparing an apple with an orange - both are totally different with their individual flaws and merits.

    I don't fully agree with some of your points but nevermind as like I said, comparisons are irrelevant.

    My vote goes to Kuala Lumpur, regardless..

    Stay cool, Foong. There are far worse things in life.

    December 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM
  18. Izad

    LOL I've seen a lot of pretentious and hypocritical writers, but this Jacqueline person takes the cake.

    December 23, 2009 at 9:36 PM
  19. Anonymous

    Without a doubt, it has to be PJ!

    December 23, 2009 at 10:44 PM
  20. synical said...

    I was annoyed like anything when the piece came out.

    Any PJ resident worth their salt can come back with a piece lambasting KL, but it'll never end, so...

    As someone born in KL but grew up in PJ, I rather stick to PJ.

    I didn't know PJ's considered a "rich person" place, but the same can be said about Bangsar residents.

    The only reason why I don't want to work in KL (for the most part) is the lack of public holidays That, and I also hate long commutes :P

    December 23, 2009 at 11:01 PM
  21. iamthewitch said...

    Well written foong! I support you all the way, though I'm actually in the middle of 2 cities coz I'm staying in Selangor and working in KL. LOL Anyway, given a choice, I definitely prefer to go shopping in PJ! Love the new Tropicana City Mall too... not as crowded and quite spacious. :)

    December 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM
  22. JL said...

    Hey foong! I saw your reply. Actually for me it's more of a matter of making the best of where you live. As you know I've been to PJ; honestly I feel that it has more affordable shopping centers than KL (except for Midvalley which I like very much ;p).

    If it were up to me, due to the close proximity I'd say Singapore, especially for the convenience of travel around the whole island, but then I'll be accused of not being loyal to Malaysia right? XD

    I actually saw that article in the Star a few weeks ago and I was like wtf. Seriously I don't understand why the need to bash PJ or any other city, for that matter. PJ has its own advantage, and so does JB! ;D

    December 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM
  23. Mariuca said...

    LOL! One more * post coming up at Wishing on a Falling Star, buzz2! ;)

    December 24, 2009 at 2:18 AM
  24. Ayie said...

    Hi Foong!!

    December 24, 2009 at 2:18 AM
  25. Bravebear said...

    hmm... you have some points there. But I like both. There is no need to compare lor. Both oso nice le.

    I won't be supporting KL even if i am living here. Cos every city has their own unique features. Love them ALL!

    December 24, 2009 at 2:20 AM
  26. RoseBelle said...

    Based on your side by side comparisons, the recurrance flood would be my number one reason to not live in KL. Wow, nice to read this post as I learned much more about PJ and KL. You guys have Ikea there too? Nice! I'm making a mental notice of places to visit and Malaysia is definitely one of them!

    December 24, 2009 at 5:21 AM
  27. manglish said...

    i was staying in pandan for5 yrs before moving to PJ...hmmm i like KL for all the roadsides food like in Imbi, Pudu, Pandan and I like PJ for its relatively more orderliness hehehehe....

    December 24, 2009 at 8:06 AM
  28. daniel said...

    I need to make some clarification regarding SMART Tunnel. As you see, SMART Tunnel is actually a flood-bypass tunnel and at the same time serve as a motorway.

    Imagine KL as our heart, except that this heart has two compartments, east and west. Sungai Gombak flows in the western side while Sungai Kelang on the east. SMART Tunnel is meant to bypass Sungai Kelang at Ampang to Taman Desa lake at Kerayong, hence solving the flood situation in the eastern side of KL (Sungai Kelang).

    Likewise, when you do a bypass for your heart, it only solves that spot. If you get another clogged vessel, you need a second bypass.

    Everyone has been condemning SMART without knowing the operating principle of SMART. I hope this is clear.

    Cheers! Merry Christmas!

    December 24, 2009 at 8:13 AM
  29. annant said...

    pj definitely ftw!!!
    i grew up in section 14 wei :D
    kl? imagine da traffic jam arghhh...never like it

    December 24, 2009 at 9:09 AM
  30. Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

    Though I was born in KL, I've lived in PJ all my life and as far as I'm concerned PJ is a waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better place than KL! How can anyone say KL is a better place?

    Actually Subang is a better place la ... hahaha!

    Merry Christmas Buddy :D

    December 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM
  31. Kelvin said...

    This is my new blog btw:)

    December 24, 2009 at 10:14 AM
  32. doc said...

    as an outsider, that is, neither born nor bred in PJ or KL, i have would preferred PJ as a place to work & live for reasons you have elaborated.

    December 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  33. Oman said...

    Fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving gifts are all the buzzwords in a Christmas setting. Make your Christmas a one to cherish for years!

    December 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  34. Shingo T said...

    I don't take sides. As long as it's Malaysia cities, I boleh liao!

    But nice comparisons nonetheless.

    December 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  35. இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

    Neither love PeaJay nor hate Kay El as its beyond comparison (echo HappySurfer its apple & orange). One para from the article prompted me to ask this question in which J.Pereira wrote ["At all times of day, male pensioners in singlets, shorts and flip-flops still stalk these streets. Most people look as if they are dressed after a night’s frenzied shopping in one of the many pasar malam".] What's wrong with wearing singlets I see them all over Malaysia not just PJ?. I was in Petaling Street yesterday and I saw lots of elderly men wearing singlets and flip-flops. Sorry I am Penang lang may I confirm is Petaling Street in PJ or in KL the word Petaling is being used? TQ foongpc.

    December 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM
  36. Anonymous

    Wow! Actually I live in KL but work in PJ, both also win win for me. Hehheeh!

    Great comparison!

    December 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM
  37. khengsiong said...

    Well, maybe you're just too poor to pay for the parking in KL. But for those filthy rich, no problem!

    December 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM
  38. fufu said...

    yeah i love pj too... but it is hard to get around without car >< i wish the public transit is invested there.... anyway i am doing a small research of how to make kl a more attractive and sustainable city... give me some times... sure i will be back and improve kl sooner

    December 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  39. fufu said...

    hohohoho merry christmas =p enjoy the holiday ok?

    December 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM
  40. Nizam Gtz said...

    hi... merry christmas and heppy new year to you...

    Erm... PJ is more interesting I guess... my hometown's traffic now being crowded... huhu...

    December 24, 2009 at 9:45 PM
  41. Horlic said...

    KL or PJ better?

    Friends staying at Cheras told me, PJ very terrible traffic jam!

    Friends from PJ told me, Cheras cannot go one, jam like hell!

    Relatives staying at Ampang told me, PJ's LDP traffic is so terrible!

    Customer from PJ told me, he will never go to ampang area if possible due to the terrible traffic jam!

    U get what i mean?

    Anyway, i like your analysis on your article! I prefer PJ too.

    December 25, 2009 at 12:16 AM
  42. CheaHSan said...

    I'm impartial.. One man's meat is another man's poison. Foongpc, beginning to learn more about PJ & KL now. TQ

    She should look at the macro view and running down on people with sweeping statement is not that nice. Blowing out on other's candle won't make yours shine any brighter!

    December 26, 2009 at 12:06 PM
  43. foongpc said...

    CH Voon, thanks for your support! : )

    PJ more toll collection than KL? That's quite true, but you can try to avoid the tolls if possible, haha.

    Mid Valley is actually in KL, but to me, it's neither PJ nor KL ; )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:01 PM
  44. foongpc said...

    lina, you don't have to be rich to stay in PJ! I am not rich! Btw, staying in KL need a lot of money too, I think even more since everything is so expensive! Anyway, you went Japan so many times already sure you can afford to stay in PJ or KL! Haha!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:05 PM
  45. foongpc said...

    nic, gimme 5! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:05 PM
  46. foongpc said...

    reanaclaire,become more patient? I think the opposite is true! LOL!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:06 PM
  47. foongpc said...

    gabriel, thanks for supporting me and PJ!! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  48. foongpc said...

    kelvin, try again next time! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  49. foongpc said...

    mariuca, oh sorry to hear that! Hope you get well soon! Wow! My blog was your first visit? I felt so honoured, haha!

    Thanks for the support and letting us hear your voice! All your hangouts are in PJ? Yes! You are officially a PJ girl! Haha!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM
  50. foongpc said...

    wenn, merry Xmas! I do like both PJ and KL too : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM
  51. foongpc said...

    merryn, yes! Gimme 5! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:10 PM
  52. foongpc said...

    happysurfer, I won't want to compare but I just got to show Ms Pereira that she did not do a fair comparison : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  53. foongpc said...

    izad, she certainly takes the cake, doesn't she? : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:12 PM
  54. foongpc said...

    mei teng, yay! A support from someone living in KL!!! Thanks! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:12 PM
  55. foongpc said...

    synical, yes I agree both PJ and KL have rich people, it's not exclusive to PJ only. Oh yes, long commutes is definitely a put off! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM
  56. foongpc said...

    iamthewitch, thanks for your support! Oh yes, Tropicana City Mall is not as crowded as other malls, but it also a less happening mall. LOL!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:15 PM
  57. foongpc said...

    JL, yes, I was really put off by her article - why did she need to bash PJ like it's a second class city? I agree with you, it's a matter of making the best of where you live : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM
  58. foongpc said...

    ayie, if you come to Malaysia and you like malls, then you must visit them! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  59. foongpc said...

    bravebear, yes there is actually no need to compare. I like both PJ and KL - they have their own pros and cons : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM
  60. foongpc said...

    rose belle, coming to Malaysia? You are most welcomed! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:20 PM
  61. foongpc said...

    manglish, I guess both Pj and KL have their own positives and negatives. That is why I said we should not compare : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM
  62. foongpc said...

    daniel, yes I know about the limitations of SMART tunnel and thanks for clarifying about it, but I purposely highlighted and exaggerated it to counter the unfair comparisons done by Ms Pereira : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM
  63. foongpc said...

    annant, gimme 5! Come back and stay in PJ!! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM
  64. foongpc said...

    nick phillips, yes yes yes! PJ wins hands down haha! Subang? OKlah, as long as it's not KL! LOL!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:25 PM
  65. foongpc said...

    kelvin, will visit your new blog for sure : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM
  66. foongpc said...

    doc, yes work and live in PJ would do you lots of good! Haha

    December 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM
  67. foongpc said...

    lawstude, Merry Christmas to you! Enjoy your holidays!! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM
  68. foongpc said...

    shingo T, you stay in Singapore right? Wait till you stay in PJ or KL and then you may want to take sides, haha!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:28 PM
  69. foongpc said...

    bananaz, yes I agree - what the hell is wrong with wearing singlets and flip flops? And yes, I do see people wearing like that in PJ, KL, Klang, Penang, Kelantan, and all over Malaysia! As you can see, she did not even know what she was talking about!

    Petaling Street is in KL, haha I know you are confused because of the word Petaling. Don't ask me why it was named as such! Absolutely no idea! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:31 PM
  70. foongpc said...

    joshua, well, then I guess you have the best of both worlds! Haha!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  71. foongpc said...

    khengsiong, I'm not too poor to pay for the parking in KL, I simply refuse to pay for the parking in KL! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:33 PM
  72. foongpc said...

    fufu, oh don't get me on about the transportation system - they are bad in both PJ as well as KL! Yes, better get a car and drive - the most effective way to move around!

    Wow! Will wait for you to come back and improve both PJ and KL just in time for 2020! Haha!

    December 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM
  73. foongpc said...

    zamspotte, merry christmas!! PJ more interesting? Really? Thanks! But I think both PJ and KL are just as interesting lah : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM
  74. foongpc said...

    horlic, well when I say PJ has less traffic jam, I purposely miss out LDP's horrendous jam. Why should I be fair in my comparison when Ms Pereira was not? Just trying to show her that if she can compare in such an unfair way, so can I!

    Thanks for dropping by yes? : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:38 PM
  75. foongpc said...

    cheahs@n, yes I agree with you, she should not be running down people with sweeping statements. That is why I wrote this post lambasting KL although in actual fact, I love KL! : )

    December 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM
  76. இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

    foongpc ~ Thanks, ohhhh..Petaling Street is in KL. So what the big huha about PJ people wearing singlet & flip flops when you see the very same singlet & flip flops in KL everyday? What the heck!!!

    December 26, 2009 at 5:44 PM
  77. kyh said...

    Ok out of topic, but I'd say George Town, Pg!! Beautiful colonial buildings, Straits Chinese clanhouses, food paradise, sounds of waves etc etc. Though it's a relatively small city but it has everything i'm looking for! :)

    Actually most of my friends prefer Pg to KL and the notorious jam is one of the reasons why they hate the place. For me, I love the KLCC at night, hahaha!

    December 27, 2009 at 1:04 AM
  78. levian said...

    you seemed to prefer pj more than kl yourself, are you in kl? if we compare smaller city than the bigger ones, there are always the pros n cons when you do the comparison. i guess it depends on which side you wanna look at. :)

    December 28, 2009 at 11:12 AM
  79. foongpc said...

    bananaz,exactly! : )

    December 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  80. foongpc said...

    kyh, Penang is a nice place! But I won't be doing PJ vs Penang anytime soon : )

    December 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM
  81. foongpc said...

    levian, I live in PJ and I love both PJ and KL. But this post is a bit one sided because I was responding to Ms Pereira's unfair article in The Star : )

    December 29, 2009 at 1:00 PM
  82. Unknown said...

    i agree with what u write in most of them.

    in any case, both cities are nice - they have their own uniqueness. lets face it, kl cant live without pj & vice versa.

    i would prefer if we can put our cities together like that of greater manila (which is a combination of many cities).

    that will be for better branding & less confusion too for tourists.

    December 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM
  83. foongpc said...

    quachee, yes Kl and PJ need each other! I think you right about putting the two cities together : )

    December 29, 2009 at 8:03 PM
  84. Unknown said...

    foongpc: I totally 100% support on your article. If u ask me go KL i need 2 think twice, coz traffic jam le...Job offer in KL ar?

    No way le.. hate the jams in KL..
    I been living in PJ 10 years, I even find a comfortable place for my bird nest in PJ, roads are must 100% best better than kl!!

    For food, PJ have lots of good food, like Seafood in Teluk Gong, bak kut teh in Klang!! Thumbs up!!

    PJ have lots of Public holiday, can you image due KL so packed like sardine our ex-PM shifted government office to Putrajaya PJ too!!

    I love PJ so much!! 1 year if u ask i been to KL, i would say average in a year 1-2 times.. Midvalley also less go.. jam like mad ps ps @@

    August 22, 2010 at 5:47 AM
  85. Unknown said...

    HAHAHA i love this piece of post!!! PJ a city without soul? Uncles dress in sandals n white singlet in PJ? Clearly that fella never been to Ampang or Melawati or even Titiwangsa..HAHAHA

    you forgot to mention we have sunway lagoon as well!! LOL from what she said, KL is a civilised place coz got what? WHat KL has that PJ don't have? I rarely go KL also coz I have everything I need here in PJ XD food here also more selection n nicer!! muahahaha

    August 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM
  86. Nick Chan said...

    I am still a Penang person, if I were to choose KL and PJ, I prefer the city because it has more culture, and history. Afterall, the combination of KL and PJ for Greater KL will be the best.

    January 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  87. NatashaTing said...

    it seems a bit amusing for me that after a long list of comparison, the article ends with a sentence asking "do you really need to compare?". hahaha!

    To me, PJ certainly triumphs over KL on traffic and living. but cultural wise, KL is much, much, much better. More than 100 years of evolving certainly gives this city its own charm. On another note, it's a bit unfair to put shopping malls, ikea and international companies into the list, or do we need to bring up the twin towers and KL tower? What about all the headquarters of international banks and embassies? ;)
    I think we can all agree that PJ is better for living, KL is better for visiting and awing. just like you really can't make a hotel your home but we all like to spend some time in one, once in a while.

    October 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM