Thai Girls

Posted by : foongpc | Monday, December 8, 2008 | Published in

ADVERTISEMENT


Thailand is a nice place to go for a holiday. It's just too bad they are experiencing political upheavals now, and this is their loss, as tourism will be badly affected.

I still remember my very first time visiting the Land Of Smiles. At that time, I was still a katak di bawah tempurung.

To my international friends, that literally translates to frog underneath coconut shell. It simply means that a frog that lives underneath a coconut shell will think that the shell is the world, so one who is like that frog will have no knowledge of things, events or places outside his "world". He would be happily ignorant of what is happening in the world, and would not venture outside of his "world".

A friend heard I was going to go Thailand, or more specifically Bangkok, the capital of Thailand. Having been to Thailand many times, he quickly gave me some recommendations of what I must do and where I must visit when I go there.

Now this friend of mine was a Chinese educated man, so his English was not very good. Especially the way he pronounced certain English words.

Here's how the conversation went.

"Going to Bangkok ah? Must go see Thai girls."

This was his first recommendation.

"Tigers? What tigers?" I asked him.

"Oh, you must see them. Everyone go Thailand first time must see those Thai girls in action."

"Oh really?" I was getting curious. "Do they have special skills or something?"

"Wah, many lo. You should see them open the cap bottle with their you-know-what."

"What?"

"You know lah, down there."

"Down where?" I scratched my head, trying to figure out what he was saying.

"Down there lah! You know? You know?"

I suddenly understood what he meant and I was amazed.

"Wow! These tigers are that good?! Can uncap the bottle like that?"

"Yeah! You must see them! And some of them have nice white skin!"

"Oh, so they are white tigers."

"No, not white. They are pure Thai girls." he said, obviously referring the word "white" to Caucasians although I did not know at that time! I think "fair" would be a better word.

"I thought you said they have white skin."

"Yeah, yeah, some of them do. But they are not gwai mui or mixed, they are true Thai girls." Gwai mui by the way, means young female Caucasians in the Cantonese dialect.

I had no idea what young female Caucasians had to do with white tigers, but well...!

Then he bent closer, his eyes wide open and whispered, "You can watch them have sex too."

Now, if I am not mistaken, I think I've watched tigers having sex on National Geographic before. Well, maybe not white tigers, but aren't all tigers the same? Do I really need to go to Thailand to watch them do it?

So I told my friend, "I think I've watched that before."

"You have? I thought you said you never been to Thailand." he frowned.

"No, I have never been. I saw it on TV."

"What?!" He exclaimed. "In which country?"

"Here in Malaysia."

I could see the disbelief look on his face.

"Thai girls on Malaysian TV! You joking, is it?"

I kind of forgotten how the conversation went after that, but the next day, when I related this to another friend of mine, I was stunned to see her laugh hysterically.

"No, you silly!" She said, "He meant Thai girls!" And she proceeded to spell the words out "T-H-A-I-G-I-R-L-S" before bursting into laughter.

"Ohh..." I think my face turned completely red at that moment.

My friend just laughed and laughed and laughed. I recovered quickly to join in her laughter.

Gosh! And to think that I left my Chinese educated friend that day with both of us not knowing what the other was talking about. What a joke!

(49) Comments

  1. Angie Tan said...

    LOL!!!

    Our nickname for the Thai girls show was "Tiger show" too. (^^)

    December 8, 2008 at 9:42 AM
  2. Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

    Well, it's an apt name pal. Thai girl for the tiger show ... LOL! I can imagine your embarrassment :D

    December 8, 2008 at 10:31 AM
  3. khengsiong said...

    That's how you cheat your wife ma...

    December 8, 2008 at 10:38 AM
  4. Anonymous

    Oh...so probably that's how the name tiger show came about - Thai girl show mispronounced. Did you see? Put in banana down there, can come out already peeled...and you can eat!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

    December 8, 2008 at 1:23 PM
  5. TZ said...

    ROTFL.... dude, both of u gotta switch to the same frequency :p

    December 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM
  6. Anonymous

    Lol. Two total difference channel. That was hilarious though. So did you watch the White Tiger show then?

    December 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM
  7. synical said...

    Holy shit - that's hilarious! :D

    You learn something new everyday :P

    December 8, 2008 at 5:17 PM
  8. Bengbeng said...

    it was amazing. the girls passed around whistles and the tourists blew on it to receive a kiss. then they had to pay a tip. when the show started, they used the whistle down there to whistle too. a few foreigners rushed to the loo to wash their mouths and one could b heard retching. it was an amazing experience.

    December 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM
  9. Bengbeng said...

    i found this description of kongpia..thought u might find it intereswting

    http://kokadoodle.blogspot.com/2008/12/mee-sua-and-gong-pia.html

    December 8, 2008 at 7:55 PM
  10. Anonymous

    --_--" so you still want to go for Thai Girls Show?

    December 8, 2008 at 8:59 PM
  11. lina said...

    LOL. Does it mean you have such pure mind?

    December 8, 2008 at 9:31 PM
  12. foongpc said...

    angie tan, I noticed a lot of people also say tiger show : )

    nick phillips, haha! It's an apt name alrite! : )

    khengsiong, I don't think can cheat wife so easily : )

    December 8, 2008 at 10:05 PM
  13. foongpc said...

    suituapui, yeah, I guess that's how it came to be known as tiger show! Oh, I saw a lot of things, but that was a long time ago. I won't eat the banana, thank you! : )

    tz, yeah, it's like chicken and duck talk : )

    horizon, yes I did. I can tell you it was pretty boring! : )

    December 8, 2008 at 10:09 PM
  14. foongpc said...

    synical, yes haha!

    bengbeng, well, I didn't really find it interesting. In fact, I thought it was pretty boring! Maybe I already heard about them before I go Bangkok. Oh, thanks for the info on kongpia! : )

    victor, that was many years ago. yes, I did go for the Thai Girls show. But did not really find it very entertaining! Maybe expectation too high! : )

    lina, I guess I was pretty innocent long time ago. Not anymore! Hehe.

    December 8, 2008 at 10:14 PM
  15. day-dreamer said...

    LOL. Pronunciation problem eh? :P

    December 8, 2008 at 10:28 PM
  16. Mom Knows Everything said...

    Bwahahahaha!!! That's hilarious!

    December 8, 2008 at 11:02 PM
  17. eastcoastlife said...

    Wah hahahaha.....
    Duck and chicken talk.

    I have not seen the Tiger Show although I go to Bangkok quite often. I saw ah gua show only. :P

    December 8, 2008 at 11:31 PM
  18. Faisal Admar said...

    Haha that's the problem talking with Chinese or Malay educated. Their pronunciation is hard to understand and worse it brings different meaning :)

    Or should i say they are simply lazy to pronounce it correctly. Hehe.

    December 8, 2008 at 11:34 PM
  19. acura said...

    Tigers opening a bottle...that's a show that I want to see haha you are so innocent back then.

    I have been to Thailand for the tiger show with my family. Its the song & dance type, which is appropriate for us, not the adult type like those mentioned by your friend though.

    December 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM
  20. Medie007 said...

    hur hur hur

    i would've thought it's tigers if the other cant pronounce it properly too. ;P

    December 9, 2008 at 12:11 AM
  21. Medie007 said...

    wait... so it's actually "THAI GIRLS" SHOW!?!!!

    and i thought it was "TIGER SHOW" all the time!!!!

    OMG!

    OMG!

    Oh. My. God... ><

    December 9, 2008 at 12:12 AM
  22. foongpc said...

    day-dreamer, yeah, I still laugh when I think about it : )

    tammy, glad you find it funny! : )

    eastcoastlife, well maybe you should go and see it! I also saw the ah kua show - that was way better! Some of them looked prettier than normal girls and their performances were hilarious!

    December 9, 2008 at 12:22 AM
  23. foongpc said...

    faisal admar, yeah sometimes difficult to understand what they are talking. I know a lot of Chinese educated friends who cannot always mix up the letter "l" and "r". It's no wonder "thai girls" became "tigers" LOL

    acura, I've not heard of tiger shows that are appropriate for the whole family unless it's a real tiger show! : )

    December 9, 2008 at 12:44 AM
  24. foongpc said...

    medie007, haha! You only just realised it? To tell you honestly, I don't know if it's really called "tiger show" cos a lot of people is calling it like that. Maybe it was originally "Thai girl" but somehow so many people called it "tiger" it had become acceptable now.

    Does anyone know? Pls comment!

    December 9, 2008 at 12:47 AM
  25. Monica said...

    LOL! so funny!!! yes, Thailand is a nice place to go esp Bangkok! I love it..

    December 9, 2008 at 5:06 AM
  26. Anonymous

    LOL! The whole conversation iis funny... =) Anyway yeah, people will usually pronoounce it as Tiger Show.. It just seems easier that way. Haha!

    December 9, 2008 at 5:41 AM
  27. HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

    Loved this and amazed anybody can open something like that. I laughed and laughed and laughed!

    December 9, 2008 at 8:16 AM
  28. lina said...

    LOL. Even reading all the comments make me guffaw! :D

    December 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM
  29. Toni said...

    lol!!!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting the birthday song for my little one!!!

    December 9, 2008 at 11:02 AM
  30. HappySurfer said...

    I went to one in Haadyai but I didn't like it. It got boring after a while like the show-people were so mechanical, their face expressionless. Can't really blame them because they do it day-in day-out two shows a day. It's a tough life.

    Thanks for the chuckle.

    December 9, 2008 at 11:17 AM
  31. Anonymous

    LOL. when i was young, i kept hearing adults say 'tiger show tiger show', i was also wondering why ppl like to go thai to see tiger. lol.

    December 9, 2008 at 12:23 PM
  32. Anonymous

    How can the thai girl show be boring? Hohoho... something is not right here...

    December 9, 2008 at 1:04 PM
  33. foongpc said...

    monica, yes Bangkok is a nice place for holiday : )

    cashmere, I noticed that too since my first visit to Bangkok. I think even the tour agents have resigned to this fact and called it tiger show
    : )

    health nut wannabee mom, haha! I laughed too when I realised my blunder at that time. Yes, it's amazing what those Thai girls can do - you should go visit Thailand and see for yourself! : )

    December 9, 2008 at 2:24 PM
  34. foongpc said...

    lina, haha! Yeah, I still laugh thinking about it! : )

    toni, you are welcome! : )

    happysurfer, that's the reason why I find it boring. The sex shows were downright boring - the performers were expressionless like you said. Yes, can't blame them - they do it every day. It's just another job for them. Pity them actually!

    December 9, 2008 at 2:30 PM
  35. foongpc said...

    xin, haha! I think even foreigners (Westerners) call it tiger show too! Who would've guessed it's actually Thai Girl show? LOL

    neo, you mean you find it interesting? Maybe I watched the wrong show! LOL. OK, to be fair, some of the skills like opening bottle, shooting darts and blowing horn were amazing, but other than that, their performances, especially the sex shows were devoid of expression! They were just going through the motion like it's another day's job. You could see the boring look on their faces!

    December 9, 2008 at 2:38 PM
  36. Unknown said...

    aiyo foongpc, u didnt know what he meant if yr friend didnt explain to you. hilarious! :)

    December 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM
  37. eiling lim said...

    Haha so funny. This is where conversations go wrong. Lol... I bet your friend was surprised how the "thaigirls" and sex part got through the censorship board of malaysia!

    December 9, 2008 at 7:17 PM
  38. levian said...

    oh gosh .. all because of english pronunciation again. :p

    December 9, 2008 at 8:15 PM
  39. foongpc said...

    quachee, that was the first time I heard about "tiger shows" so I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about! LOL

    eiling, haha! he sure was surprised!

    levian, yes it's like chicken and duck talk. Haha!

    December 9, 2008 at 11:19 PM
  40. Tekkaus said...

    Hey this one is really funny! You totally blew my mind away! Of course that friend of yours is really good too. Ha =)

    December 10, 2008 at 4:10 AM
  41. Anonymous

    LOL I'm sure you had fun watching white tigels!
    Btw Foong, just curious, does anyone in your country celebrate Christmas?

    December 10, 2008 at 8:24 AM
  42. foongpc said...

    tekkaus, haha!

    babette, no I didn't really fun watching white "tigers" LOL!
    Lots of people in my country celebrate Christmas, including yours truly : )

    December 11, 2008 at 2:29 AM
  43. Anonymous

    That's cool Foong. Merry Christmas! :o)

    December 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM
  44. foongpc said...

    Merry Christmas to you too, babette! : )

    December 11, 2008 at 7:49 PM
  45. Anonymous

    Tiger Show = Thai Girls Show? They do sound familiar! Haha!

    December 12, 2008 at 4:51 PM
  46. foongpc said...

    jam, they do, don't they? : )

    December 13, 2008 at 1:38 AM
  47. Anonymous

    Tiger show LOLZ..…….. here i introduce a new thailand thai girls site which gives us a lot of information...................

    March 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM
  48. xylem said...

    Oh my! That was really hilarious. =)

    August 11, 2014 at 1:44 PM
  49. Anonymous

    If you're considering producing (Coach Outlet Clearance Sale) an individual's pizzazz, Athletic running heels possibly the very initial thing you concentrate on. But it's the right off the bat a lot of wives note when they definitely help you. Extremely popular days, I out old a female (Jordan Shoes For Sale Online) which will was considered to say, Several (New Jordan Releases 2020) inside of runners the girl's possibility had been which lousy in short discern anything at in regards to guy (Coach Outlet Online) in line with the dressed in he. (Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale)

    Fortunately deal an bitterness equal (New Yeezys 2020) and among rational Sinhalese that (Yeezy Boost 350 Cheap) they may (Ray Ban New Wayfarer Polarized) play (Cheap Yeezys For Sale) Tamils talking to one another additionally they could not figure out it. Doing the situation (Ray Ban Outlet) displaced his life analysis to be a homogeneous, Military professionals. Surely

    August 6, 2020 at 11:47 AM