My Very First Li River Cruise (Part 1)

Posted by : foongpc | Monday, August 31, 2009 | Published in

ADVERTISEMENT


Before I continue blogging about my China trip, I would like to thank those of you who have voted for Mariah Carey on MixFM. And because of your support, Mariah made the biggest leap up the MixFM's Top 20 Chart this week!

From 12th position last week, she went up 4 steps to 8th position putting her in the Top 10. Thank you all! If you are a fan of Mariah, please do not stop voting. Let's get her to No.1, shall we?

OK, coming back to my China trip, instead of continuing from where I left off in my last China post, I have decided to fast forward to my 5th day in China. That was the day when I, Jam and his friend went for the fantastic cruise on the famous Li River!

See this picture?

hills 38

This is the photo I took while on board the tour boat.

Going on this cruise had to be one of my most memorable experiences of my 10 days in China. The stunning scenery along the Li River is reminiscent of those old Chinese paintings of river and mountain landscapes. If you happen to visit Guilin, you must not miss this cruise!

Do you recall that I sat on that flimsy looking raft on the Li River to visit The Elephant Trunk Hill? Most of you commented that the raft looked like it could sink at any time. Haha! Well, this time, we were not on that type of raft, but on a big boat. In fact, the boat had 2 levels and was fully air conditioned with open decks on the top level for observing the scenery.

This is how the boats looked like.

boats

We left our hostel in Guilin early in the morning on a tour bus which took us to the Mo Pang Pier. We were asked if we wanted to sit at the top deck which would cost an additional 20 yuan per person, although the seats were limited. Since we thought that being on the top deck would be easier to capture all the beautiful sceneries, we decided to go for it.

It took some time before we could board our tour boat. I could not help feeling that the tour was a little disorganised as we were kept waiting and no one informed us if we managed to get the seats at the top deck. Besides, the three of us lost sight of the group of tourists from the same bus as ours so that at one point we were actually wondering if they had all boarded the boat without us!

In the end however, our tour guide came to us and gave us the tickets and asked us to board the boat. I thought we were supposed to go in a group and she was supposed to lead the way! Well, no one led us to our boat and we had to find the way ourselves! Can you imagine that?

Fortunately, we managed to find our way. This is the Mo Pang Pier where many boats were docking.

Port

There were many stalls along the walkway selling fruits and tidbits.

Port 2

We boarded the boat and went up the stairs to the top deck.

on board the cruise

I forgot to take photos of the interior! Oh well, never mind. The interior was nothing much to shout about. Our seats were right at the back (which was actually the front of the boat) and it was just nice since we were nearest to the door and therefore, we would be the first to go out to the open front deck! Talking about kiasuness. Haha!

on board the cruise 3

The cruise was expected to last about 4 hours as we were to travel about 83 km along the Li River until we reach Yangshuo. There would be no boat returning from Yangshuo so the only alternative is to take a 90-minute journey on a bus or any land transportation back to Guilin.

Anyway, we had no plans to return so soon to Guilin as we had wanted to visit all the famous tourist spots in Yangshuo and spend two nights there. I will talk more about Yangshuo in my future posts.

The boat was supposed to depart at 10am and we were supposed to reach Yangshuo at 2pm to meet back up again with our tour guide who would bring us to the famous tourist spots in Yangshuo.

But it was already 15 minutes past 10am, and droves of people were still getting up the boat!

Port 4

It was only at 10.30am that our boat was ready to leave. We were half an hour behind time! But I was not really bothered as I was too excited anticipating what was coming up ahead.

boats 2.2

Leaving the pier, I saw many other boats behind and in front of us.

boat 3

I like this boat! Don't you think it looked nice?

boat 4.2

Oh, here's another similar one passing us by!

boat 5.2

Of course, not all were big boats! There were small ones too like this one.

small boat

And even smaller ones like those rafts that I sat on when I visited Elephant Trunk Hill! I wouldn't dream of sitting on those rafts here as I did not want to be mowed down by the bigger boats! Haha!

small boats

Although we could see the scenery from inside the boat, I had to leave the comforts of the air conditioning and go out to the open deck to take pictures.

This is the open deck area where many people would gather to take pictures of the beautiful scenery all around them. At this moment, most were still inside their air conditioned boat so not many were outside.

on board the cruise 5

Oh, I accidentally took a photo of this lady and she smiled at me!

on board the cruise 6.2

Can you see the hills formation in the background? There were many of such limestone karst hills all along Li River and many of them have unique structures. And guess what? Every formation has a name to it!

Names like Yearning For Husband Rock, Writing Brush Peak, River Snail Hill, Five Fingers Hill and so on. I guess part of the fun was in identifying all these formation with their unique names!

Is it any wonder that most people would go out onto the open deck and jostle with one another to take photos of these beautiful hill formations?

taking photos

Well, me and Jam decided to stand rooted at one spot so that no one could have the slightest chance of taking over our places. I am sorry but kiasuness definitely ruled that day! Haha!

Now if you want to see some pretty nice scenery along Li River, don't miss my next post coming right up!

FIRST COMMENTER

(118) Comments

  1. HappySurfer said...

    Wow! Now to reading it..

    August 31, 2009 at 10:16 AM
  2. Anonymous

    Looking forward to more photos of the Li River. I like the big boat...nice.

    August 31, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  3. BURA

    You mean you travelled for 4 hours looking at those pointed hills, no stops along the way ? It should be lunch time, right ? How much is the boat fare and any other cost?

    August 31, 2009 at 10:33 AM
  4. HappySurfer said...

    Sounds like a well-planned trip. Did you or Jam have to make the reservation here in KL or over there upon arrival?

    Did you have a choice of which boat you wanted? I mean whether the long (more stable) boat or the smaller version? A riverboat trip of four hours is not a short journey, wor. Is the green of the water due to the vegetation or is the water really that color?

    Nice pictures, Foong. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the others.

    August 31, 2009 at 10:36 AM
  5. HappySurfer said...

    Yeah, what about meals or refreshments? Were you advised to bring food along?

    August 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM
  6. Jean said...

    wow. nice shots! you must have lotsa fun!

    happy merdeka!

    ps you're invited to drop comment on any of my posts too. =)

    August 31, 2009 at 10:39 AM
  7. Admin T.H said...

    so pretty the environment

    August 31, 2009 at 10:46 AM
  8. lina said...

    4 hours' boat ride. Got makan or not?

    So how long did you spend standing, rooted to your spot? ;)

    August 31, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  9. lina said...

    The boat behave exactly like our Metrobus. Maybe it started late because they want to fill up the boat before setting off. :D

    August 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM
  10. Tekkaus said...

    Hahaha :D Starting only you write about Mariah Carey. It looks like you really love Mariah Carey huh! She must be grateful to have you as her fans right?

    August 31, 2009 at 11:26 AM
  11. Tekkaus said...

    Wow1 This post you fast-forwarded it into your 5th day in China? River cruise in the famous Li River? I'm it is better than our Malaysia ones right? :)

    August 31, 2009 at 11:28 AM
  12. Tekkaus said...

    It is that wonderful? I mean you said it is reminiscent to the old Chinese paintings? Wow! Sounds like a cruise we must go aye Foong! :)

    Yeah! The raft looks like it gonna sink any moment. Now this boat is really big. 2 levels some more. :)

    August 31, 2009 at 11:32 AM
  13. Tekkaus said...

    War...sit at the top deck will cost extra 20 yuan? Hahaha :D Yeah! Finally you guys didn't get lost right? If not...you'll have to be in China for quite a while. haha :D

    August 31, 2009 at 11:34 AM
  14. ladyviral said...

    And you didn't even get the lady's number? :P

    Lovely places! Well, looks like kiasuness took over for the day! Tsk Tsk, foongpc.

    August 31, 2009 at 11:35 AM
  15. ladyviral said...

    Top Deck gets the best view! And the windy air of the river too!

    August 31, 2009 at 11:35 AM
  16. Tekkaus said...

    What the cruise takes about 4 hours? Now that is really long aye. Don't you think so. 83 KM? OMG! So far. It looks like the boat trip is really disorganized huh! Again and again you were late.

    August 31, 2009 at 11:36 AM
  17. CheaHSan said...

    Thanks for lovely pixs of famous hills of Guiling & the nice 'love' boats.

    August 31, 2009 at 11:36 AM
  18. Tekkaus said...

    yeah! The Chinese boat does look better. Like in the ancient Chinese movie.

    The deck area is pretty big and spacious.

    The hill formation is really goergeous. Just like the Chinese paintings. =)

    August 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM
  19. Tekkaus said...

    Ok lar! I guess that's all from me this time Foong! Happy Merdeka to you Foong. ;)

    August 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  20. ladyviral said...

    I love the boat that was made like a Chinese house thing.. looks so nice! Why didn't you get on that boat, foong? Maybe get to meet some beautiful Chinese Stewardess.

    August 31, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  21. ladyviral said...

    T__T I just realized I am not in your blogroll.

    August 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM
  22. wenn said...

    wow, nice pictures..

    August 31, 2009 at 12:45 PM
  23. Anonymous

    Hahha...I like Lina's comment. Yeah, how long did 'Mr Kiasu' stood rooted to the same spot? Did anyone try to elbow you away? :)

    August 31, 2009 at 1:46 PM
  24. khengsiong said...

    Accidentally took photo of the lady? Well, you should have walked up to her and ask, "Xiaojie, can I take a photo of you?"

    Eh by the way, I have recommended your blog to a photographer who planned to go to Guilin next year.

    August 31, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  25. foongpc said...

    happysurfer, congrats! You are FC today! : )

    Jam made the arrangement with the Chinese tour agent via online in Malaysia.

    I am not sure of this as it was Jam who did the booking. Probably the choice of boat was recommended by the tour agent.

    I don't think the greenish colour is due to vegetation - it's the natural colour of the water.

    The cruise includes set lunch, which was not really good to me. I expected better food : )

    August 31, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  26. foongpc said...

    mei teng, more photos coming soon! I assume Mr Kiasu is Jam right? I'm Mr Nice Guy. LOL! We stood rooted at our respective spots for quite long. I didn't count the time, but I only went back into the boat for lunch. Gosh! I don't even remember what time we had lunch! Maybe because the lunch was so forgettable and my egg got stolen! Hmphhh!

    August 31, 2009 at 2:47 PM
  27. foongpc said...

    bura, I am not sure how much is the Li River Cruise because we paid the tour agent 330 yuan per person for both the cruise and the Yangshuo tour guide.

    There were no stops along the 4 hour cruise but lunch were included.

    August 31, 2009 at 2:55 PM
  28. foongpc said...

    SJ, Happy Merdeka to you too! Will drop by your blog soon : )

    August 31, 2009 at 2:57 PM
  29. foongpc said...

    TH, yeah, the scenery was really beautiful! : )

    August 31, 2009 at 2:58 PM
  30. foongpc said...

    lina, yes lunch was included, although lousy lunch! Of course I didn't expect anything like the food we had in Yuzu lah! LOL!

    How long we stood rooted at the spot? Until lunch time I think! And I can't remember when was lunch time!

    Behave like Metrobus? I guess yes, I'm sure they would want to get as many passengers as possible before leaving the pier : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM
  31. foongpc said...

    tekkaus, wow! Enjoying spamming here, don't you? Wait - I will spam your blog back. LOL!

    I'm a huge fan of Mariah and I think like all her fans, we want her to go to No.1! It's all about fan power nowadays! Haha!

    I've never been on a river cruise on such a large scale in Malaysia. Only been to the one in KK and another ones in The Mines Wonderland and also one more in PutraJaya Lake. None of them can boast of such fantastic view as what I saw at Li River.

    Happy Merdeka to you, Tekkaus!! : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  32. foongpc said...

    ladyviral, now why should I get the lady's number? She has a kid and a husband you know. Besides, my Mandarin is so poor I don't think we can even communicate!

    Yes, top deck for best view and windy air. The only downside is being burnt by the hot sun!! Had to apply sunscreen or sure fried alive! : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM
  33. Ken Wooi said...

    the last time i went for a boat trip was in korea.. long long time ago.. oh wait.. is redang counted? haha.. it's nice to go around in a boat.. and have a new view around =)

    kenwooi.com

    August 31, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  34. foongpc said...

    ladyviral, yeah the Chinese looking boat is nice right? But we were not given the choice of which boat to sit. I doubt there would be any beautiful stewardess there! Haha!

    You're not in my blogroll? Oh,OK! Long time I didn't update my blogroll. Will add you in yes? : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:16 PM
  35. foongpc said...

    cheahs@n, you are welcome! Glad you enjoy the pictures : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM
  36. foongpc said...

    wenn, thanks! : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM
  37. foongpc said...

    khengsiong, I didn't have any intention of taking her photo lah.

    Thanks for recommending my blog. Your photographer friend will surely have a field day taking photos in Guilin! : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM
  38. foongpc said...

    kenwooi, yeah, I like to travel on a boat too especially if the scenery around me is beautiful : )

    August 31, 2009 at 3:30 PM
  39. Bengbeng said...

    beautiful. stunning pics. i wont miss the next post

    August 31, 2009 at 5:11 PM
  40. bluedreamer27 said...

    wow it seems that you had so much fun out there
    i never been into any cruise hahha im afraid... it all started when i watch Titanic... so funny but its true hehehe

    August 31, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  41. annant said...

    so picturesque :D
    and da boat looks exactly like those in tvb's drama haha

    August 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM
  42. M-Knight said...

    yupp.... the place it beautiful.. looking at the pictures I wish to go there again

    August 31, 2009 at 7:36 PM
  43. manglish said...

    waaaaaaaaa very nice pics....i prefer the other bigger boats heheh...the one with the imperial looking roofs :)

    August 31, 2009 at 8:00 PM
  44. eastcoastlife said...

    The big Chinese boats appeal to me!! I won't dare to take the rafts too. :)

    August 31, 2009 at 9:53 PM
  45. eastcoastlife said...

    I am normally wary of taking boat as transport when I'm in foreign countries. safety is a big issue for me.

    August 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM
  46. eastcoastlife said...

    I do enjoy the beautiful scenery in China and some places are simply breathtaking!

    August 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM
  47. eastcoastlife said...

    Another problem when touring China is whenever you want to take photos, there will be people blocking the view. :P

    August 31, 2009 at 9:56 PM
  48. Ayie said...

    good morning foong! errr i think goodnight there =P

    August 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM
  49. jam said...

    Just for correction, the pier is Mo Pang Pier, not Zhu Jiang Pier. And you are right, Li River Cruise is one of the highlights of our entire Guilin trip! BTW, my back is quite photogenic too, don't you think so? :)

    August 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM
  50. bluedreamer27 said...

    hello foongpc yeah my comics are written in my language hehe im not that good in english hehehe i just cant make a comics all written in english haha it will sure make my nose bleed ^^

    September 1, 2009 at 12:14 AM
  51. bluedreamer27 said...

    Hi foongpc thanks for dropping by at my Feed you mind blog
    yup actually i got 3 new sites
    im pretty much working and give prior to these blogs as much as possible
    they are under a paid web hosting site thats why i got my own .com
    those sites are
    BLUE DREAMER
    FEED YOUR MIND
    MY ADVENTURES

    hope we can exchange links with these sites hehe

    September 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM
  52. Gabriel said...

    wow, i always want to go travel in China, any tips and advices for traveling there? nice pics u have here, very clear. :)

    September 1, 2009 at 12:47 AM
  53. foongpc said...

    bengbeng, thanks! : )

    September 1, 2009 at 12:57 AM
  54. foongpc said...

    bluedreamer27, don't let Titanic haunt you! Go and take a cruise in rivers or seas without icebergs floating around! haha! : )

    September 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM
  55. foongpc said...

    annant, the boats look like those in TVB dramas? haha! Probably they used the same ones! : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:02 AM
  56. foongpc said...

    m-knight, you want to go there again? Yeah, I don't mind going there again but not so soon! : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM
  57. foongpc said...

    manglish, yeah those boats with imperial looking roofs look nice, right?

    September 1, 2009 at 1:04 AM
  58. foongpc said...

    eastcoastlife, haha! Despite what you see, the raft is actually quite stable and safe! I guess you need to be a little more adventurous to sit on them!

    But I do think they should provide safety jackets. Quite dangerous if it sinks right? LOL!

    If you go to crowded places, it will be difficult to take photos. So better don't go to too crowded places and avoid peak traveling periods : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM
  59. foongpc said...

    ayie, good morning! It's past 1am over here now : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM
  60. foongpc said...

    jam, oh really? Thanks for correcting me! Will go and correct it now!

    Your back is quite photogenic yes especially when matched with a nice cowboy hat! haha! : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM
  61. foongpc said...

    bluedreamer27, I guess I will just enjoy your drawings then : )

    Sure, don't mind exchanging links but I normally only limit to 2 links for each blogger and not more than that.

    So tell me which 2 you want to be included in my blogroll : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM
  62. Ayie said...

    my monday has just practically started. =) better sleep soon foong!

    September 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM
  63. Ayie said...

    I'll read the very long post in a while =) hehe

    September 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM
  64. foongpc said...

    gabriel, thanks! For tips and advice, I shall say first of all make sure you know Mandarin if you plan to travel alone. But if you don't know, then you must go with someone who knows or join a tour group where the tour guide speaks English.

    Secondly, if you don't follow tour, make sure you plan your itinerary properly by doing some research on the Internet : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM
  65. foongpc said...

    ayie, oh I'm going to sleep in a minute! Happy Monday! : )

    September 1, 2009 at 1:17 AM
  66. Ayie said...

    Finally done reading...ooops i was srong foong, it's not very long post I was just deceived by the photos!

    Nice scenery. Btw were you able to spot and name the right hill formations?

    is kiasunes=selfishness?

    September 1, 2009 at 3:23 AM
  67. Mariuca said...

    CHOP!!!

    September 1, 2009 at 3:56 AM
  68. Mariuca said...

    Your laptop ok edi Foong??

    September 1, 2009 at 3:56 AM
  69. Mariuca said...

    Wow it does look like a fantastic cruise Foong. It seems u did a lot of sight-seeing in China. :)

    September 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM
  70. Mariuca said...

    I love all the pics too! How many pics did u end up taking I wonder...

    September 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM
  71. DaliaLiyana said...

    wahhh...nice shots huh...??
    hv fun!

    September 1, 2009 at 6:43 AM
  72. Nizam Gtz said...

    Nice travel... I loved it too.....

    September 1, 2009 at 8:27 AM
  73. Johnny Ong said...

    kiasu-trained m'sians can survive while holidaying in china to challenge the millions of kiasu-borned chinese there haha

    September 1, 2009 at 9:27 AM
  74. levian said...

    it sounded like lots of fun! it must be overwhelming looking at the beautiful scenery n exploring the place. :D

    September 1, 2009 at 9:30 AM
  75. iamthewitch said...

    Nice river! And boats! Looking forward to the scenery pictures that you so kiasu-ly took. :P LOL just kidding!

    September 1, 2009 at 11:44 AM
  76. ladyviral said...

    Married with kid ar? Aiyar.. wasted :P. Mandarin cannot got English and Cantonese mar! ahaha.

    No beautiful stewardess! Wasted!

    Yea faster add me :P.

    September 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM
  77. fufu said...

    wow...i gotta put guangxi as one of the province to visit for my next trip to china...hihihihi =p

    September 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  78. LifeRamblings said...

    looks like Guilin has the greatest hills and waters in China.

    September 1, 2009 at 5:23 PM
  79. LifeRamblings said...

    having seen these nice sceneries right in front of your eyes must be completely mind-blowing.

    September 1, 2009 at 5:23 PM
  80. LifeRamblings said...

    it sure looks like an awesome cruise Foong. i wish i were there now. :(

    September 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM
  81. LifeRamblings said...

    the boat ride definitely looks safer and more stable compared to the raft ride. i don't have the guts to take the raft too.

    September 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM
  82. LifeRamblings said...

    i can't wait for your next post. :)

    September 1, 2009 at 5:28 PM
  83. Faisal Admar said...

    wah the boats are cool foong! i like :)

    i've voted for mariah :P

    you owe me lunch haha!

    September 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM
  84. Rad Sujanto said...

    WOW seriously I was amazed by the first picture! so looking peaceful!

    there could be a big monster under the water! LOL

    September 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM
  85. [SK] said...

    at least this boat you rode is much better than those you rode to the Elephant Trunk Hill.. safer and more secured.. :p

    September 2, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  86. eastcoastlife said...

    How to avoid crowded places in China? Turn left, right, centre also got people. :P

    September 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM
  87. eastcoastlife said...

    Better to play safe, I don't want to have an accident in a foreign country. I prefer to take rides that has adequate safety measures. :P

    September 3, 2009 at 3:41 PM
  88. eastcoastlife said...

    Are the tickets for the boat ride expensive?

    September 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM
  89. Monica said...

    wow foong! nice shots :) I like the Chinese looking boat..

    September 4, 2009 at 7:27 AM
  90. foongpc said...

    ayie, so it's not as long as you thought right? Haha.

    Yeah, you can sort of equate kiasuness to selfishness.

    September 5, 2009 at 12:20 AM
  91. foongpc said...

    mariuca, my laptop is back in business, thanks! Yeah, went sightseeing at lots of places in China. How many photos I took? I think over 1000? : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:23 AM
  92. foongpc said...

    dalialiyana,thanks for dropping by! : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:24 AM
  93. foongpc said...

    zamspotte, thanks, glad you like it : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM
  94. foongpc said...

    johnny ong, haha! But I don't think I am that kiasu lah ; )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM
  95. foongpc said...

    levian, you are right! It was a lot of fun and a bit overwhelming! : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:26 AM
  96. foongpc said...

    iamthewitch, haha! If not kiasu, maybe cannot get to take so many photos and put it on my blog : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:27 AM
  97. foongpc said...

    ladyviral, added you into the Blogs I Follow list : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:30 AM
  98. foongpc said...

    fufu, yes you should and I highly recommend it! : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:31 AM
  99. foongpc said...

    life ramblings, really? I can't say for sure cos I have never been to other part of China yet!

    You can always plan for a holiday there right?

    The raft is actually not that dangerous. It'll be quite fun - you should try it! : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:33 AM
  100. foongpc said...

    faisal, thanks for voting for Mariah! Sure can belanja you lunch if you come to KL lah : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:34 AM
  101. foongpc said...

    rad, yeah the first picture is nice right? Monster under the water? You have over active imagination, man! : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM
  102. foongpc said...

    SK, well, it's definitely more secure, but not as fun as the raft! : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:36 AM
  103. foongpc said...

    eastcoastlife, it's not expensive and if you convert to Singapore dollar, I think it's cheap! : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:37 AM
  104. foongpc said...

    monica, thanks! yeah, I like that boat too : )

    September 5, 2009 at 12:37 AM
  105. darkprincerox said...

    miss my vacation at china, hope to go there soon :)

    October 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM
  106. xin said...

    hey the boat so beautiful! look like those in the old-time TVB dramas. did anyone smoke on the boat?

    October 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM
  107. Kelvin said...

    The river is beautiful:)

    November 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  108. foongpc said...

    darkprincerox, thanks for dropping by! Yes, go visit China! : )

    December 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM
  109. foongpc said...

    xin, yes like the TVB dramas right? haha! Luckily I did not encounter anyone smoking on the boat. But it's air-conditioned so I guess smoking is not allowed : )

    December 13, 2009 at 12:14 PM
  110. foongpc said...

    kelvin, yes it is beautiful indeed! : )

    December 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  111. Glennis said...

    Lovely trip on a beautiful river.

    December 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM
  112. Lee | Money4Invest said...

    That's indeed a great trip to China. I have never been to China but planning to go may be next 2 years time. I love the natural scenery there especially the mountains and river. Great pictures.

    December 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  113. Tiffany Khoo said...

    Ahhh, I went for that in Guilin too!! :D

    But I went during Winter. Super cold. -.-

    February 23, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  114. foongpc said...

    glennis, thanks! It was lovely indeed! : )

    February 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM
  115. foongpc said...

    lee, oh yes! It's a great place to go especially if you love beautiful scenery! : )

    February 24, 2010 at 11:50 PM
  116. foongpc said...

    tiffany khoo, so it must be freezing? Did you post any photos on your blog? I would love to see them! : )

    February 24, 2010 at 11:51 PM
  117. Unknown said...

    hey nice trip btw.. classical ship.. especially china style.. really epic.. suitable to act in movie... like those olden days.. hehehehe

    December 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM
  118. Lewis

    Wow, there is so much effective info above!
    camilla and marc Leroy Brown Colorblock Sweater | at this shop | at this shop

    June 11, 2012 at 4:55 AM