My Massage At Ulik Mayang Spa

Posted by : foongpc | Monday, January 18, 2010 | Published in

ADVERTISEMENT


Looking at the Ulik Mayang Spa brochure, I was instantly captivated by its tagline "...where tranquil ambience rejuvenates the new you..."

The price was quite reasonable for a four-star resort too, so my friend and I did not hesitate to book for a session of body scrub treatment using lemongrass!

We were indeed fortunate that the Ulik Mayang Spa was just a short distance from our chalet. And the rain that poured for almost two hours stopped just in time for us to walk over there!

Waking up my friend from his enjoyable nap was not too difficult as he was eager to go for the massage. Haha!

This is the front entrance of Ulik Mayang Spa.



We were asked to leave our shoes outside. Stepping in, we were asked to sit down while they prepared the room.



The interior looked really comfortable to me.



By the way, I learnt that the name Ulik means to sing or murmur in a soft, calming way while Mayang is tied bunches of coconut blossoms that are used in traditional Malay treatment as a medium to free your mind and soul from evil spirits.

In other words, Ulik Mayang Spa is the place for you to ease your physical, mental and spiritual stress. What a lovely description!

I liked the intricate design of this wooden carving on the wall.



I could not wait for the body scrub treatment to start!



A while later, we were ushered into the massage room. We were each given a large towel and a disposable see-through underwear. I wondered why we need to wear that underwear when you can see through it. Haha!

As I was changing in the changing room, I was surprised to see my friend coming out of the bathroom clad only in his towel tied round his waist, and holding the underwear.

I asked why he was not wearing it. Guess what was his reply? He could not fit into that underwear. Haha! I could not help laughing! Hahaha!

He went out and requested for a larger underwear but unfortunately they only have one size fits all. So he had to make do without wearing any. Haha! Sorry my dear friend for laughing at you, but I could not help it - it's too amusing!

Jokes aside, I actually don't see what's the point of wearing that underwear. By wearing it, my butt would not get scrubbed! So maybe I should have asked for a discount since my butt was left out of the scrubbing exercise and was not as smooth as other parts of my body. LOL!

For the next 45 minutes, it was absolute bliss as we were scrubbed and massaged while soft, relaxing balinese music were being played.

The massage therapists were good with their hands. I could even smell the lemongrass which was one of the ingredients used in the scrub.

For those of you who have never gone to a spa before, do not worry about nudity. Only the body part that is being massaged will be exposed. The rest is covered with towels. Normally, the massage starts with your back and when you are requested to turn over, the massage therapist will hold the towel or sheet so you are covered when you turn over.

After the body scrub treatment was over, we went to take a shower to clean ourselves up and changed back to our clothes before being ushered to an area in the waiting room.

Here, we sat down on the comfortable chairs provided facing the lovely Kenyir Lake while sipping hot, soothing ginger tea.



Didn't I tell you there will be more photos of my legs? Haha!

And if that is not annoying enough, below are my friend's legs as well! LOL!



It was really nice sitting there enjoying my cup of ginger tea!



I thought the ambience was really nice here. The balcony overlooking Lake Kenyir was soothing to the eyes and to the senses. Now if only our chalet's balcony had a similar view!



We paid RM90 per person for this 45 minute body scrub treatment, which I though was quite reasonable.

We enjoyed it so much we decided to come back again the next day. They had a special herbal sauna and back massage promotion priced at RM75, and we did not hesitate to book for that! I will blog about our second massage in a future post.

After leaving Ulik Mayang Spa only did I realise that I was hungry! So we walked to Tembat Restaurant for our very late lunch.

We both ordered this sandwich dish which was not too bad, considering the horrible dinner we had the night before.



The plate of sandwiches and fries with mayonnaise sauce was however, quite pricey at RM19 but as long as it was tasty, I would not want to complain too much about the price!

After lunch, my friend and I went over to the counter and requested (no, insisted) for an a-la-carte dinner for the night. We did not want to pay RM45 again for the buffet like the night before.

The girl at the counter said she would talk to the manager about it and get back to us, so we just kept our fingers crossed!

Coming Up Next : My Boat Paddling Adventure At Lake Kenyir

FIRST COMMENTER

(100) Comments

  1. lina said...

    FC?

    January 18, 2010 at 8:32 AM
  2. lina said...

    Wah, the spa sure looks nice.

    January 18, 2010 at 8:33 AM
  3. lina said...

    RM90 for a 45minutes. That's not bad.

    Anyway, better have hairy legs in your photos than naked butts. LOL

    January 18, 2010 at 8:34 AM
  4. lina said...

    I would've insisted for a-la carte instead of a lousy buffet too. I think the Manager did allow your request. If he didn't, he sure didn't know how to please a guest and provide memorable service!

    January 18, 2010 at 8:36 AM
  5. lina said...

    Wah! I'm on a roll today. Spamming Foong with comments. LOL

    January 18, 2010 at 8:37 AM
  6. இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

    Love the decor of Ulik Mayang Spa and a nice rejuvenating tagline and hope you come out the massage a new you. TQ

    January 18, 2010 at 9:27 AM
  7. இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

    Best time for a 'kill' at RM19. You've got only two choices for the sandwiches - Take it or leave it!haha

    January 18, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  8. இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

    Should also keep your toes crossed for the a-la-carte dinner. So got what you insisted? So next post after boat paddling?

    January 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  9. jam said...

    I like massage and spa too! Nice experience!

    January 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM
  10. jam said...

    Really wanna read your boat paddling experience! Do you put on a life jacket?

    January 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM
  11. Anonymous

    I am not a massage type of person. Don't enjoy foot or body massages. I only go for monthly facial sessions :)

    January 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM
  12. HappySurfer said...

    Nice decor - very homey feel to it. The couch in the second picture sure looks welcoming.

    January 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM
  13. HappySurfer said...

    Yeah, that wooden panel is very nice. Do you have any close shots of it?

    January 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM
  14. HappySurfer said...

    That plate of sandwiches is okay lah for that price, considering there is so much filling. Somemore, that place is a resort, wor.

    I don't know about you but while on a holiday, satisfying food ranks high among my priorities. Price is not so important.

    January 18, 2010 at 10:12 AM
  15. [SK] said...

    wow, massage and spa is something nice to do in a trip.. it's relaxing really!!

    January 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM
  16. [SK] said...

    haha, LOL on that disposable underwear.. i thot you'd be given those paper type?? was that really transparent plastics??

    January 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  17. [SK] said...

    well, i guess it would be more comfortable to go naked rather than wearing that disposable.. who knows if you're sensitive to that?? haha~~

    January 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  18. [SK] said...

    so how much is the massage session?? i've never tried body scrub before.. but only thai massage and blind-man oil massage..

    January 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  19. [SK] said...

    BTW, just curious how many days you have been in Lake Kenyir?? seems like you never stop blogging about it?? :p

    January 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM
  20. Reanaclaire said...

    i know i wont go there.. so it is nice of u to share yr experiences here in yr blog.. :)
    btw, yr fren has nice leggies.. LOL..

    January 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM
  21. manglish said...

    i was scrolling up and down, up and down for details of the massage but nothing.....can describe in next post? HAHAHAAHAHAHA

    January 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM
  22. Oman said...

    i want one :)

    January 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM
  23. Merryn said...

    This claire so bad. YOU have a nice pair of legs too ler, not only ur friend :D

    Reading it oso I feel so shiok dy.. must go book a spa soon :P

    Ladies how? What disposable thing are we getting ?

    January 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM
  24. molly said...

    I enjoy massage very much but not the recent one after I had a fall and sprain my leg and back. It is more a treatment. Aiyoh, so pain!

    January 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM
  25. Ryhen | Mind Power said...

    Fantastic! I wish I had money to spend on a spa. Looking at those pictures are already calming to the senses. What more if you're actually in that place. Well, I guess, in your case, that's what really happened. Thanks for sharing, foongpc!

    Peace and respect,
    Ryhen

    January 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM
  26. foongpc said...

    lina, haha, hairy legs are definitely better than naked butt : )

    So you think we got our ala carte? Will let you know about that in future posts! Haha.

    Oh, btw, congrats being FC here and thanks for spamming! : )

    January 18, 2010 at 3:20 PM
  27. foongpc said...

    bananaz, yeah the decor is nice! Yes, take it or leave it so I took it, haha! You are right, the post after the boat paddling will be about the dinner! : )

    January 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM
  28. foongpc said...

    jam, I know you do! Haha! Yes, I had a life jacket on unlike in China where I put my life at risk! LOL

    January 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM
  29. foongpc said...

    mei teng, you don't like massage? Why? They are sooooo nice! : )

    January 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM
  30. foongpc said...

    happysurfer, yes, very comfortable sitting on that couch! Haha!

    The wooden panel - I didn't have a close shot of it but you can try to enlarge the picture.

    Yes, I don't bother too much about price too while on holiday, but if the food is lousy and the price is expensive, I just can't accept that!

    January 18, 2010 at 3:25 PM
  31. foongpc said...

    SK, so you like massage too?
    Yes, the disposable underwear is the paper type - transparent paper type to be exact, haha!

    Yeah, I think going naked is better than wearing that underwear - I see no point in wearing it!

    You should try body scrub - your skin becomes smooth after the scrub, haha. It costs me RM90 for 45mins scrub.

    I spent just 3D/2N at Lake Kenyir - it seemed as if I never stop blogging about it cos I blogged about every minor details, haha!

    January 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM
  32. foongpc said...

    reanaclaire, only my friend has nice leggies? What about me? : )

    January 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM
  33. foongpc said...

    manglish, what details do you want? Just scrub and massage - one sentence described it all! Haha!

    January 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM
  34. foongpc said...

    lawstude, go for one! : )

    January 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM
  35. foongpc said...

    merryn, thanks for the compliment! Haha!

    Go book a spa and get yourself a good massage! But don't bring Ethan along of course, LOL!

    Ladies? Maybe a disposable bra and panties? Hahaha!

    January 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM
  36. foongpc said...

    molly, oh that is a treatment massage and not the relaxing kind of massage! That's not meant for you to enjoy but to heal your back pain! Haha

    January 18, 2010 at 3:38 PM
  37. foongpc said...

    ryhen, well make more money, save some and go for a spa! Haha! Thanks for dropping by! : )

    January 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM
  38. Kelvin said...

    hahaha, ur friend must be feeling very "free" when masssaging:D

    January 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM
  39. Bengbeng said...

    ah, u have pampered yrself :)

    January 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  40. Faisal Admar said...

    man! you shouldn't wear that undies! btw, the masseur was a male or female?

    January 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM
  41. Faisal Admar said...

    the sandwich looks tempting tho :D

    January 18, 2010 at 4:21 PM
  42. CheaHSan said...

    Couch is so nice, Balinese design? Yo the place is nice, cozy and peaceful. A great view from the balcony.

    January 18, 2010 at 4:38 PM
  43. CheaHSan said...

    Yeah you did not mention anything about the 'massage the-rapists'! Hope you two macho guys are not get raped, haha. Are they guys or young sexy and gorgeous ladies or blind masseurs? Think that's what Manglish would like to know also about the whole massage etc etc etc.:p

    January 18, 2010 at 4:50 PM
  44. CheaHSan said...

    Careful can see your friend's face from the chest down in mirror from the 5th picture. hahaha Cannot help looking at the couches twice those are real nice couches looks solid to me.

    January 18, 2010 at 4:55 PM
  45. HappySurfer said...

    Yeah lah, Foong, I didn't think about enlarging the image. Thanks. Indeed, very nice piece of artwork.

    January 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM
  46. xin said...

    its definitely better to see yr legs than seeing u butt naked :P

    btw, they scrubbed your WHOLE body?

    January 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM
  47. lina said...

    I don't know about you, but I managed to get a cheaper room at a hotel by insisting they take out the breakfast out of our room rate although at first we were told it's part of the rate because we didn't want to have breakfast with the masses (so eksyen one. LOL)

    Actually hor, you complain about the not so-good food right... they should've compensanted you with a nice meal on the house lah...
    Get or not? Ask or not? :D

    January 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  48. vialentino said...

    wah bro...i need a massage too...so envy u can enjoy it....must be feeling comfortable ...

    sometimes massage for me, can relax my mind...no need to think anything..just enjoy it...

    January 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM
  49. Pete said...

    Reasonable price!

    January 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM
  50. Borneo Falcon said...

    It's hard to get a decent massage nowadays

    January 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM
  51. foongpc said...

    kelvin, haha! Don't know about that! : )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:35 AM
  52. foongpc said...

    bengbeng, yes I have indeed : )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:35 AM
  53. foongpc said...

    faisal, yeah, I shouldn't wear it! Haha! The masseurs were females.

    The sandwiches were OK : )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:36 AM
  54. Merryn said...

    I wonder then if the disposable bra and panty will be see through! haha.. then where am I suppose to put Ethan? He's my shadow.. mana I pergi.. ada dia! :D

    January 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM
  55. foongpc said...

    cheahs@n, yeah I love the view of Lake Kenyir from the balcony! So relaxing! : )

    Are you sure that's what Manglish wanted to know? Well, they were ladies but not cute young things lah, haha!

    Where can see my friend's face? I have already blurred it. Yeah, the couches were nice to sit on.

    January 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM
  56. foongpc said...

    happysurfer, yes it's a nice piece of artwork alrite : )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM
  57. foongpc said...

    xin, haha! I think so too! : )

    Yeah, almost the whole body lah minus the butt area and you know where lah! : )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:42 AM
  58. foongpc said...

    lina, haha! No I didn't get a complimentary meal on the house, maybe should have brought you there to help negotiate : )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:43 AM
  59. foongpc said...

    vialentino, haiya! I'm sure you can go for massage any time right? Go get a massage! Maybe go with your wifey but leave Dylan with a babysitter lah : )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:45 AM
  60. foongpc said...

    pete, yes! That's why I went again the next day. haha!

    January 19, 2010 at 12:45 AM
  61. foongpc said...

    borneo falcon, really? You mean nowadays are mostly indecent? Haha! Got quite a number of good massage places here in PJ and KL. Not sure about Sibu though ; )

    January 19, 2010 at 12:46 AM
  62. foongpc said...

    merryn, alamak! Of course you can't bring Ethan along into the massage room. You are practically naked! Unless you want Ethan to have early biology class, then OK lah. Hehe.

    January 19, 2010 at 12:48 AM
  63. Monica said...

    hey Foong! wow the spa looked gorgeous! Ok, now I need a massage...

    January 19, 2010 at 3:47 AM
  64. Monica said...

    hmm what's wrong wz the buffet?

    January 19, 2010 at 3:49 AM
  65. CH Voon said...

    LOL! better don’t wear right :P if provide transparent underwear!

    January 19, 2010 at 4:09 AM
  66. CH Voon said...

    OMG! Can you get any further diskaun? But I think your friend have to pay full amount!

    January 19, 2010 at 4:10 AM
  67. CH Voon said...

    Both of you stay at the same room? The massage people is guy or girl?

    Young girl or nenek tua?

    After massage… sure hungry one!

    January 19, 2010 at 4:11 AM
  68. chris federick said...

    Oo i thought that the spa would be expensive but that's really affordable. Never tried before. Wow u really do enjoy life ha.. Im so envious.

    January 19, 2010 at 7:07 AM
  69. RoseBelle said...

    Now that's a first, lemongrass scrub. But you know, every now and then, there's new and innovative scrubbing ingredients used. Oh and your friend, how funny because yeah, for first timers to spas, it can be uncomfortable being nude and having someone touching you. A 45 minutes massage is really a nice treat. Here in my city, some hair salons offer 1 hour massages before your haircut.

    January 19, 2010 at 7:29 AM
  70. Anonymous

    It was very interesting for me to read that article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. BTW, why don't you change design :).

    January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM
  71. Shingo T said...

    You have more leg hair than your friend. =p

    I have never done any massage before, feel weird to have strangers touching me, even if it's a babe.

    January 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM
  72. Angie Tan said...

    Wah liao... To be massaged in such beautiful surroundings...

    January 19, 2010 at 8:35 PM
  73. Che-Cheh said...

    RM90 is ok considering Kenyir is a famous tourist spot.

    The spa looks like a home! :)

    January 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  74. foongpc said...

    monica, go have a massage then! The buffet was lousy! : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM
  75. foongpc said...

    CH Voon, my friend definitely have to pay full amount, haha!

    Yes, both of us in the same room. The masseurs were girls. I was hungry because we did not have lunch and it was already 3pm! : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:20 PM
  76. foongpc said...

    chris_lim, don't be envious. You can enjoy like me too : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM
  77. foongpc said...

    rose belle, 1 hr massage before a haircut? That's nice! : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:23 PM
  78. foongpc said...

    anonymous, glad you like my post. As for the design, I might change in future, but now's not the time : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:25 PM
  79. foongpc said...

    shingo T, I do, don't I? Is it suppose to be good or bad? Haha!

    Never had a massage before? You should give it a try! : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  80. foongpc said...

    angie tan, yeah, it's so enjoyable! : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM
  81. foongpc said...

    che-cheh, the spa looks homey right? Yeah the price was pretty reasonable : )

    January 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM
  82. Unknown said...

    the place looks beautiful for a massage. ive seen some other beautiful spas & massage in other resorts too - and they are all so tempting... simply beautiful surroundings with the nice laidback music

    January 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM
  83. eiling lim said...

    but your friend don't have hairy legs! haha

    January 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM
  84. Rita said...

    Blissful and relaxing.

    January 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM
  85. foongpc said...

    nick phillips, haha definitely will not show my butt on my blog : )

    January 22, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  86. foongpc said...

    quachee, yeah, makes me want to go for massage again! : )

    January 22, 2010 at 10:58 PM
  87. foongpc said...

    eiling lim, I think he shaved all the hairs on his legs, haha!

    January 22, 2010 at 10:59 PM
  88. foongpc said...

    rita, yes it's relaxing indeed! : )

    January 22, 2010 at 10:59 PM
  89. J2Kfm said...

    Soothing eh? transparent undie? Hehehe, we had the black ones in Bali, least not so obvious.
    Kinda awkward when the masseur rubbed the butt.

    January 23, 2010 at 6:28 PM
  90. foongpc said...

    j2kfm, oh! Black ones are better, mine is white! What's so awkward when the masseur rub the butt? It's soothing! Haha!

    January 24, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  91. Ayie said...

    Looking at the spa pictures foong makes me want to go there now or at least in any spa here to have some massage! Perhaps after giving birth I will sneak out and leave daddy and baby for an hour to indulge with massage! hehe

    I miss my spa days =(

    January 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM
  92. foongpc said...

    ayie, oh yes! I really think you should do that! I really do! LOL!

    January 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM
  93. Hanging lamps said...

    Mayang Sari Beach Resort near Singapore, Bintan Island, Indonesia ... Here is where you can enjoy relaxing spa treatments while listening to the lapping waves of the nearby sea..

    February 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  94. Traditional Chinese Medicine Courses said...

    Massage can help you maintain physical, mental and emotional well being, especially when it is part of your regular wellness routine. Thanks for sharing this blog..
    Traditional Chinese Medicine Courses

    October 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  95. Unknown said...

    Thanks for the detail, I was actually wanted know about placed you mentioned in your post. massage therapist salt lake city

    July 28, 2015 at 7:26 PM
  96. Anonymous

    This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. sydney massage therapy

    September 20, 2018 at 4:27 AM
  97. olivermir said...

    Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! click here

    October 29, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  98. UNKNOWN said...

    Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. 출장만남

    April 10, 2020 at 2:24 AM
  99. 출장안마 said...

    Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely
    magnificent. I really like what you’ve acquired right here, certainly like what you are saying and the way
    during which you say it. You’re making it entertaining and you still care
    for to keep it smart. I can not wait to learn far more from you.
    That is actually a tremendous web site.
    출장마사지, 출장안마, 출장콜걸, 출장업소

    May 23, 2020 at 3:37 AM
  100. 이나라 said...

    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, superb 출장안마 blog!|
    Its such as you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something.
    I believe that you could do with a few percent to force the
    message home a bit, but instead of that, that is excellent blog.
    A great read. I will certainly be back.|
    I visited several web sites except the audio feature for audio songs present at this
    website is genuinely superb.|
    Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one
    and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments?

    July 28, 2020 at 4:37 AM